- Referral Agencies
- Client Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Directions to Mission of Deeds
Together, We Change Lives.
Volunteers are the foundation of the Mission of Deeds, the heart and soul of our organization. We started as a volunteer charity and remain true to that vision. The work our volunteers perform is essential to our mission.
Help Us Drive Change, Make a Difference and Inspire Others
Our mission is to provide beds, furniture, and other household items to those most in need. Our clients are struggling individuals or families with children including those who were recently homeless, fleeing domestic violence, veterans, refugees, the elderly, or those living with a disability.
Volunteers range in age from teenagers through senior citizens and have varied professional and educational backgrounds. We have over 100 volunteers who are here weekly, plus many more who come occasionally. We are very fortunate that some of our volunteers have been with us for more than 10 years.
Volunteer duties include:
- Help clients select furniture that fits their needs
- Sort linens and kitchen items, gather requested items for clients
- Work on our truck, either as a driver or crew member
- Work in the warehouse loading and unloading trucks with beds, donated furniture, household goods
- Clean and organize donated items
- Refinish and repair furniture, check lamps and small appliances in our workshop (must be 18 years or older)
- Perform data entry and help with database management
- Assist with fundraising events
- Organize a drive for new linens, or new and gently used kitchen items
Every day our volunteers help families and individuals in need start over, and throughout the years their efforts have touched many, many lives.
Every member of our small part-time staff was a volunteer before joining our organization as an employee.