For almost three decades, Mission of Deeds has assisted individuals and families in need, living in the Massachusetts counties of Middlesex and Essex as well as the Suffolk County communities of Chelsea, Revere, and Winthrop.
If you need beds, furniture, basic kitchen essentials, and other household items and would like assistance from us, you must first reach out to a referral agency. Any helping organization can refer clients to us, as long as there is no family relationship between the referring individual and the client. See below for a partial list of agencies who work with us on a regular basis.
The agency will verify and validate your needs, fill out our Client Referral Form with you, and send your form to our office. The next required step is for you, the client, to schedule an appointment to come to our facility and pick up what you need.
1. Contact referral agency to complete a referral form and ask to have it sent to us.
2. Call us to schedule an appointment.
3. Get a big vehicle and make a plan for your appointment day!
1. Complete referral.
2. Call to schedule.
3. Get a truck.
Thanks to a partnership with RTT Mobile Interpretation, Mission of Deeds can connect to an interpreter in any of more than 180 languages and dialects.
Examples of Referral Agencies
Helping Low-Income Individuals and Families
- North Shore Community Action Programs
- Community TeamWork
- Greater Lawrence Community Action Council
- LEO Inc.
- The Salvation Army
- Local schools, religious organizations, housing authorities, and social service agencies
Helping Children and Youth
Helping Those Recently Homeless
Helping Those Dealing with Domestic Violence
- HAWC (Healing Abuse Working for Change)
- REACH Beyond Domestic Violence
- Respond, Inc.
- Human service agencies
Helping the Elderly
- Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Greater Lynn Senior Service
- Community senior services
- VA Housing Program
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- The North Shore Veterans Coalition
- Local veteran service officers
Helping Those with Disability or Illness
- Eliot Community Human Services
- Lynn Community Health Center
- MA Dept. of Mental Health (DMH)
- Local healthcare providers
“What a terrific bed! Sincere and hearty thank you for your generous gifts! It is such a comfort to have my own bed, sheets, and necessities thanks to your thoughtful organization.”
“Your care and generosity turned my apartment into a home. A simple thank you doesn’t seem enough.”