Host a Drive for Bedding, Towels or Kitchen Essentials
We are always looking for volunteers to organize drives for items that are in short supply. These items can include new towels, sheets, comforters, and blankets. We also need new or gently used pots and pans as well as other essential kitchen items.
Contact us so we can help you plan your drive for maximum effectiveness.
How to Organize a Successful Donation Drive to Benefit Mission of Deeds Clients
1. Select an enthusiastic leader for your event.
2. Email email@example.com to help plan your drive, set the date, and discuss items currently needed.
3. Get organized, select helpers, and pick a collection site.
4. Promote the event on social media, and in local papers. Hang signs or banners.
5. Provide containers identifying Mission of Deeds at your collection site. (We have labels if you need them.)
6. If necessary, have helpers at the collection site to receive donated items.
7. Bring collected items to Mission of Deeds or arrange for us to pick them up.
8. Let us know about key volunteers and/or major donors so they may all be thanked.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781.944.9797.
Thanks for leading this project . . . your efforts ensure that our clients receive critically needed items.
“Thank you and all the volunteers of Mission of Deeds for presenting me with a brand new bed and all the bedding I needed and more. That Saturday night I had a great night’s sleep and suddenly all the other matters needing my attention seemed lots less burdensome because my mind was so much clearer and relaxed.”
A single mother of three, coming from a shelter for abused women explained that she was “so stressed, anxious, and embarrassed when [she] first arrived, but everyone made it easy to relax, making this a very pleasant and joyous experience.” After they received their furniture, one of her children exclaimed to the volunteer “This is my first real bed!”