Volunteers are the foundation of Mission of Deeds. The heart and soul of our organization. We started as a volunteer charity and remain true to that vision. Because we have only a small paid staff, the work our volunteers perform is essential to our mission.
Help Us Drive Change, Make a Difference and Inspire Others
Our mission is to provide beds, furniture, and other household items to those most in need. Our clients are struggling individuals or families with children including those who were recently homeless, fleeing domestic violence, veterans, refugees, the elderly, or those living with a disability. Every day our volunteers help families and individuals in need start over, and throughout the years their efforts have touched many lives.
Volunteers range in age from teenagers through senior citizens and have varied professional and educational backgrounds. We have many volunteers who are here weekly, plus many more who come occasionally. We are very fortunate that some of our volunteers have been with us for more than 10 years.
Volunteer duties include:
Help clients select furniture that fits their needs.
Sort bedding, household goods, and kitchen items. Gather requested items for clients.
Work on our truck, either as a driver or crew member.
Work in the warehouse loading and unloading trucks with beds, furniture, household goods.
Clean and organize donated items.
Refinish and repair furniture, check lamps and small appliances in our workshop. (Must be 18+)
Perform data entry and help with database management.
Assist with fundraising events.
Organize a drive for new bedding, new towels, or new and gently used kitchen items.
Interested in Volunteering?
1. We are accepting volunteers but on a limited basis due to COVID precautions. Thank you for understanding.
2. Please fill out a short volunteer interest form and we will be in touch. Submitting a form does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity since spots are extremely limited.
3. Questions? Email email@example.com or call 781.944.9797.
Truck and Warehouse Support
- Drivers – use your truck to pick up small donations or drive ours. Must be 25 years or older with a clean driving record.
- Crew – load and off-load trucks with donated furniture, beds, and household goods. Store items in the warehouse.
- A few hours would make a huge difference.
Another Way to Help
If you prefer or are unable to volunteer at our facility, you or a group of your friends and family can still help Mission of Deeds in a significant way by hosting a drive for us.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Occasionally, Mission of Deeds has opportunities for groups to help with special projects. If you are a member of a corporate team or other group doing volunteer work, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to learn more about our current needs. One option is a community build event. Your group would purchase furniture flatpack kits and assemble on-site. You would coordinate the community build with David.