Due to the current public health emergency, Mission of Deeds is suspending ALL OPERATIONS, until further notice.
- All client appointments are cancelled.
- All scheduled appointments for our truck to pick up donations are cancelled.
- Drop off of donations will not be allowed.
- Volunteer and staff activities are cancelled.
- Periodically check our website for the latest information.
We made this decision to protect the health of clients, volunteers and donors.
We are reviewing this policy regularly. Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. Working together, we will be a stronger community when this emergency is over.
Work With Us
Mission of Deeds works closely with over 200 social service agencies, schools, hospitals, and religious organizations that refer clients to us for assistance. This network of agencies is key to ensuring that clients referred are in real need and that the process proceeds with maximum effectiveness.
To receive assistance from the Mission of Deeds, clients must be located in the Middlesex or Essex counties of Massachusetts.
If you work for an agency and would like to refer a client, please use our Client Referral Form which you can download at the bottom of this page.
Please note it is the caseworker’s responsibility to inform their client that the client must call 781-944-9797 to schedule an appointment after the referral form is faxed to Mission of Deeds. (Fax #781-944-7697) (Mission of Deeds does not initiate phone calls to schedule appointments.)
- There will be no rescheduling of missed appointments
- Clients must provide a truck (ONE TRIP ONLY)
- Clients must be on time for the appointment. Late arrivals may not be serviced.
- If possible, clients should bring help to load the truck.
- If needed, clients should bring a translator.
Our many years experience providing furniture to people in need has shown the three principal roadblocks to effective client service are:
- Clients who do not realize they need to make the first call
- Clients who fail to show up for their appointments
- Clients who arrive with vehicles that are inadequate to transport all the items they need
We would deeply appreciate that you work closely with your clients to prevent these problems. We strive to make the client experience at Mission of Deeds as helpful and enjoyable as possible, and are happy to offer advice.
Client Referral Form
We updated our Client Referral Form so it is now a fillable PDF. Please review the following instructions for successfully completing a fillable PDF form:
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Reader to complete fillable PDF forms. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Before completing the document save the form (PDF format) to a location on your computer. (Example: Desktop or Documents).
- Instructions: Right click on the form and click “Save as”.
- Save to your Desktop or Documents.
- Once you have saved the form to your computer, you are ready to complete the form.
- Open the fillable form.
- After you have completed the form, save a final version of the file to your computer.
- When ready, don’t forget to fax the form to 781-944-7697.
- Do not complete the form online within your web browser; your data will NOT be saved. Please save it to your computer first, and then fill it out.
While it is greatly preferred that you use the fillable PDF, we will still accept hand written forms. For further questions regarding the application or client eligibility, please call 781-944-9797 and speak with a member of our staff.